China Rediscovers Glitz in Luxury Goods
Chinese spending on personal luxury goods grew 20% in 2017, reversing three years of slowing consumption, according to a report by consultancy Bain & Co.
Reasons for the reversal include government policies to encourage domestic consumption and restrictions on “daigou” services — those in which a Chinese person living abroad buys items on someone else’s behalf and has them delivered to China.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas