Smartphone Sales Had Anemic Year-End, Data Show
The smartphone industry in China stumbled in the fourth quarter last year — its third consecutive quarterly drop — and further consolidation or bankruptcies are likely, analysts said.
Smartphone shipments in the domestic market declined 15.7% for the latest quarter, according to data Tuesday from market research firm IDC.
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. retained its status as the top brand in China, with a market share of 21.3%, up from 16.8% a year before. Xiaomi Inc. made impressive progress to increase its share to 13.9% from 7.4%, while Apple Inc.’s edged up 12.9% from 11%.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas