Alibaba Sees Future in Hollywood Sci-Fi Co-Production
Alibaba’s film unit and U.S. production house STX Entertainment will co-produce the upcoming science-fiction film “Steel Soldiers,” extending a growing series of one-off tie-ups between China and Hollywood, even as the attraction of bigger alliances fades.
As part of the deal, Alibaba Pictures will get distribution rights for “Steel Soldiers” in Greater China, while STX will get rights for the U.S. and other international markets, the two companies said in an announcement in the U.S. on Tuesday. The pair may also work in the future to expand the franchise onto other non-theatrical platforms, they said.
- 1Apple Users Warned of Rising Chance of Account Theft
- 2Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 3 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 4Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 5Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas