China Curbs Ticket Subsidies in Blockbuster Season
As the Lunar New Year holiday approaches, Chinese people around the country are preparing to enjoy some leisure time with their families.
But the country’s film industry is not relaxing, as the holiday season is its busiest. Scheduled for release are 11 major films that have investments from over 100 film and television companies.
Ding Daoshi, film critic and head of research at internet industry social platform sootoo.com, told Caixin that “Spring Festival has been the most important season for the movie industry since 2016, as the ticket sales exceed those of any other Chinese holiday.”
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas