Unigroup Forges Deal for $9.5-Billion Chongqing Chip Plant
A group led by chip-making aspirant Tsinghua Unigroup will build a 60 billion-yuan ($9.5 billion) integrated circuit (IC) design and manufacturing facility in the interior city of Chongqing, the latest step in the company’s drive to become a world-class semiconductor maker.
Unigroup, which is based at leading sciences school Tsinghua University in Beijing, will team up with the Chongqing municipal government and Sino IC Capital on the project, which has a registered capital of up to 100 billion yuan, according to a Tuesday report in the Chongqing Daily posted on the municipal government’s website. The facility could absorb up to $100 billion in investment over the next 10 years, the report added.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas