Billionaires Suggest Legislation on Belt and Road, ‘Digital China’
Some of the richest people in China, 29 of whom made it onto the latest Forbes World’s Billionaires List, are lawmakers now attending the annual meeting of the nation’s top legislature.
Pony Ma Huateng, chairman and CEO of internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. and now the wealthiest person in Asia, has been present at the National People’s Congress every year since 2013, except for the 2014 session, which he missed due to health issues.
Pony Ma said that blockchain technology is a great innovation, but Tencent will not enter the risky cryptocurrency industry, the most well-known application of blockchain.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas