China Battles Hidden Local Government Debt
Over the past year, China’s central government has issued a series of documents tightening oversight of local government debt, in particular closing loopholes in financing that could lead to risky borrowing.
In the years since the 2008 global financial crisis, the country’s local governments have relied on inventive financing methods to overcome borrowing restrictions and fund infrastructure projects, resulting in ballooning debt and a vicious circle of taking out new loans to pay off existing debt.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas