Phone-Makers Unveil App to Ape WeChat
Ten Chinese smartphone-makers have vowed to join forces to create the multifunctional “Quick App” to challenge the growing dominance of WeChat, China’s largest social media platform.
The alliance was announced on Tuesday in Beijing. Its members include Xiaomi Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Lenovo Group Ltd., ZTE Corp., Gionee Communication Equipment Co. Ltd., and Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas