Tencent Weighs Music Spin-Off, Invests in Europe
Tencent Holdings Ltd. said it is considering spinning off its online music division for a separate listing. Meanwhile, it has made two major new investments in Europe in the gaming and financial technology (fintech) sectors.
The diverse range of activities reflects Tencent’s own diversification from its roots as an online gaming and social networking company to also include finance, e-commerce and entertainment. On Wednesday, the company announced its profit nearly doubled in the fourth quarter of 2017, as its revenue rose by a strong 51% to 66.4 billion yuan ($10.5 billion).
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5China's Stock Rout Puts $613 Billion of Share Pledges at Risk
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas