Tencent Weighs Music Spin-Off, Invests in Europe
Tencent Holdings Ltd. said it is considering spinning off its online music division for a separate listing. Meanwhile, it has made two major new investments in Europe in the gaming and financial technology (fintech) sectors.
The diverse range of activities reflects Tencent’s own diversification from its roots as an online gaming and social networking company to also include finance, e-commerce and entertainment. On Wednesday, the company announced its profit nearly doubled in the fourth quarter of 2017, as its revenue rose by a strong 51% to 66.4 billion yuan ($10.5 billion).
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Smartphone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas