China Lands on Walmart’s Latest Green Map
U.S. retailer Walmart Inc. is urging its suppliers in China to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50 million metric tons (55.1 million tons) by 2030.
Walmart’s emissions reduction program for China accounts for 5% of the company’s plan to reduce emissions in its global value chain by 1 billion metric tons by 2030. That figure is equal to the emissions released by more than 211 million passenger vehicles in a year on average, according to a company statement.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas