Meituan Acquires Mobike in $2.7 Billion Deal
China’s largest online booking platform Meituan-Dianping is riding into the white-hot bike-sharing market by acquiring one of the dominant players, Mobike.
Meituan signed an agreement to take over the three-year old Mobike, Meituan’s CEO Wang Xing said in an internal letter on Wednesday.
The deal, which includes a mix of cash and equity, valued Mobike at $2.7 billion, a person close to the matter said.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 3China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 4 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 5Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas