Trump Eyes Concessions Beneath Softening Trade-War Rhetoric
*U.S. president tweets that “China will take down its trade barriers” despite no indication that the two sides are negotiating
*President Xi Jinping expected to address issue in speech on Tuesday
(Beijing) — U.S. President Donald Trump has said that China will remove its trade barriers and reach a deal on intellectual property.
The statement, which the president tweeted Sunday morning U.S. time, indicated that trade tensions between the world’s two largest economies might de-escalate in the wake of a new round of tariff proposals last week, despite the lack of any sign that the two sides are negotiating.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 3China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 4 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 5Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas