Trump Eyes Concessions Beneath Softening Trade-War Rhetoric
*U.S. president tweets that “China will take down its trade barriers” despite no indication that the two sides are negotiating
*President Xi Jinping expected to address issue in speech on Tuesday
(Beijing) — U.S. President Donald Trump has said that China will remove its trade barriers and reach a deal on intellectual property.
The statement, which the president tweeted Sunday morning U.S. time, indicated that trade tensions between the world’s two largest economies might de-escalate in the wake of a new round of tariff proposals last week, despite the lack of any sign that the two sides are negotiating.
- 1Veteran China Banker Warns of 'Belt and Road' Risks
- 2Update: China Records First Monthly Trade Deficit in 13 Months
- 3College Told to Suspend Executive MBA Course Over Lax Oversight
- 4China to Open Iron-Ore Futures Market to Foreign Investors in May
- 5After Outcry, Weibo Does U-Turn on Gay Content Ban
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas