Four News Apps Removed Amid Tightening Content Crackdown
Four popular Chinese news apps, including top news aggregator Jinri Toutiao, have been removed from major mobile app stores — the latest regulatory blow amid the country’s tightening scrutiny over online content.
Since Monday afternoon, the mobile app of Toutiao, along with smaller rivals Tiantian Kuaibao, Netease News and Ifeng News, have no longer been available on several app stores for Android users, including the ones operated by leading smartphone makers Huawei Technologies Co. and Xiaomi Inc.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas