Consumer Inflation Cools, Fanning Expectations for Monetary Easing
* China’s consumer price index rises 2.1% in March
* The producer price index, which reflects changes in the prices of factory goods, increases 3.1% in March
Consumer inflation slipped to 2.1% in March from a four-year high in February, while producer price inflation fell for the fifth straight month, government data showed Wednesday.
The cooling inflationary pressure bolstered market expectations for the central bank to ease monetary policy this year, especially if economic growth slows.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas