Editorial: Greater Openness, the Unchanged Strategy
President Xi Jinping’s closely watched remarks on Tuesday reaffirmed China’s commitment to opening its economy, soothing market nerves amid escalating trade tensions between the world’s two biggest economies.
The Chinese president pledged measures to further expand market access and create an easier business environment to foreign investors, strengthen protection of intellectual property rights and increase imports. His remark sent a clear message to the world at a crucial time that China will continue its commitment of greater openness.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas