Shanghai Bank Staffed by ‘Little Girl’ Robots
China’s second-largest lender has opened a branch staffed by two robots and no humans after cutting nearly 10,000 workers last year.
China Construction Bank (CCB) claims its new branch on Shanghai’s Jiujiang Road is the country’s first fully automated bank. A robot at the doors greets customers, speaking through a female face encased in a shiny plastic helmet. It clutches a touchscreen tablet to its chest for customers to use. Slots for bank cards are sunk into its waist.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas