Quick Take: Alibaba Boosts Hardware Capabilities With Chip Purchase
Chinese internet titan Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has acquired Hangzhou-based chipmaker C-Sky Microsystems Co. Ltd. in an effort to increase its chipmaking capabilities as it branches into high-tech hardware.
“The acquisition is an important step for Alibaba's chip development,” said Zhang Jianfeng, Alibaba chief technology officer, in an announcement that didn’t provide the value of the deal.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas