Quick Take: Alibaba Boosts Hardware Capabilities With Chip Purchase
Chinese internet titan Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has acquired Hangzhou-based chipmaker C-Sky Microsystems Co. Ltd. in an effort to increase its chipmaking capabilities as it branches into high-tech hardware.
“The acquisition is an important step for Alibaba's chip development,” said Zhang Jianfeng, Alibaba chief technology officer, in an announcement that didn’t provide the value of the deal.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas