North Korea Inches Toward Market Reforms, Expert Says
The North Korean government under Kim Jong Un is increasingly accepting and adopting market reforms, an academic at a top South Korean government think tank said.
South Korea’s isolated northern neighbor has in recent months surprised observers with unprecedented displays of diplomacy, including agreeing to a historic inter-Korean summit in April, and a planned meeting between Kim and U.S. President Donald Trump in May.
- 1Chart of the Day: ‘Made in China 2025’ Dropped From List of Local Government Priorities
- 2‘Aquaman’ Makes Huge Splash in China Box Office
- 3Update: Huawei CFO Faces U.S. Fraud Charges, Canadian Court Told
- 4Update: China Logs Record-High Surplus With U.S. Despite Softening Overall Export Growth
- 5It Has Been a Bad Year for the Yuan. 2019 Could Be Worse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas