North Korea Inches Toward Market Reforms, Expert Says
The North Korean government under Kim Jong Un is increasingly accepting and adopting market reforms, an academic at a top South Korean government think tank said.
South Korea’s isolated northern neighbor has in recent months surprised observers with unprecedented displays of diplomacy, including agreeing to a historic inter-Korean summit in April, and a planned meeting between Kim and U.S. President Donald Trump in May.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas