Microsoft, Exxon on Board as Bloomberg Launches New-Economy Forum
Financial news and information provider Bloomberg LP will stage a new-economy forum hosted by major CEOs in China this fall, representing the main initiative for its consumer arm in a media market that is at once filled with potential but also tricky due to tight government oversight.
At the same time, Bloomberg Media CEO Justin Smith also told Caixin in an interview that China’s wildly popular WeChat social networking service could provide a model that Western media might try to copy in their search for business models capable of challenging the current dominance of Google and Facebook.
- 1China Mulls Ban on Transporting Coal, Ore, Steel by Truck
- 2Update: China Abruptly Ends Anti-Dumping Probe Against U.S. Sorghum
- 3Quick Take: Nigeria Awards $6.7 Billion Rail Project To China
- 4Carrefour Opens New Tech-Infused Grocery Store in Shanghai
- 5U.S., China Strike Trade Deal, Ending Threat of Protective Tariffs
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas