Court Blocks Micron Sales in China
* Fuzhou Intermediate People’s Court issued the injunction on Tuesday in response to a patent infringement case brought to it by United Microelectronics Corp.
* Ruling prevents Micron from selling 26 types of products, and it bans the company from importing more chips into China(Beijing) — A court in China’s coastal Fujian province has ordered U.S. semiconductor giant Micron Technology Inc. to immediately cease selling its products on the mainland in a move that will likely add to trade tensions between Washington and Beijing.
The Fuzhou Intermediate People’s Court issued the injunction on Tuesday in response to a patent infringement case brought to it by Taiwan’s second-biggest chipmaker, United Microelectronics Corp. (UMC), UMC said in a statement.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas