Drug Regulator to Renegotiate Prices Amid Hit Film’s Success
China’s new medical insurance authority said it will negotiate with pharmaceutical companies to lower prices of life-saving drugs, amid growing public scrutiny of the country’s drug pricing sparked by a box-office hit.
The surprise blockbuster — a black comedy called “Dying to Survive” — is based on the real-life story of a cancer patient who smuggled generic drugs from India into China because he and his fellow patients could not afford the brand-name versions approved for sale in the country.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas