Prominent CCTV Host Accused of Sexual Assault
Zhu Jun, a household-name TV personality, became one of the latest to be accused of sexual assault in the #MeToo movement sweeping China.
A former intern for Zhu’s show posted a lengthy account Thursday on China’s social media platform Sina Weibo of how she was molested by Zhu four years ago. The post went viral but was quickly taken down from Weibo.
The intern’s story emerged as the #MeToo movement reached a new height in China this week after a number of well-known figures were accused of sexual assault or harassment. Many of them are NGO activists or public intellectuals who have been viewed as champions of progressive values.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5Indebted Chinese Investment Firm Turns to Thai Conglomerate for New Co-Chairman
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas