Poverty-Stricken Yunnan Goes Back to School to Boost Growth
China’s first-ever local government bond sale to raise money for education spending is set to hit the market on Friday, as regional authorities respond to policymakers' calls for a more active fiscal policy to support economic growth.
The southwestern province of Yunnan plans to issue a five-year 1 billion yuan ($146 million) special-purpose bond whose proceeds will be invested in building campus facilities such as libraries, student dormitories and canteens at two government-funded universities, according to documents posted Saturday on chinabond.com.cn, an official website that provides central registration, depository and settlement services for bond sales.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas