China Mobile Weighs Spinoffs for Separate Listings
China Mobile, the country’s largest wireless network operator, may spin off three or four subsidiaries for separate listings, Chief Executive Officer Li Yue said Thursday after discussing weaker growth momentum in first-half results.
Any spinoffs would involve subsidiaries with independent operations, less connection with the core business and discrete financials, Li said after a briefing in Hong Kong. Both the mainland markets and Hong Kong could be options for the potential listings, he said. But Li ruled out splitting off China Mobile’s Hong Kong subsidiary as doing so would contradict the company’s strategy of integrating its mobile businesses.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas