China Mobile’s Second-Quarter Profit Rises 5%
China's most valuable phone carrier, China Mobile Ltd., reported Thursday that its profit rose 5.1% to 39.8 billion yuan ($5.8 billion) in the second quarter, while its revenue inched up 0.7% to 206 billion yuan.
The company had 906 million mobile customers by the end of June, representing a net addition of 19 million subscribers from six months earlier. China Mobile, along with the country's two other major telecom operators, have been ordered by the regulator to slash the cost of data services on mobile devices by at least 30% by the end of the year. In July, the three companies stopped charging domestic data roaming fees after eliminating the fees for domestic phone calls last year.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas