China Has Different Approach to Risk, Says Head of an African Development Fund
The head of the Africa Finance Corp. (AFC), which recently secured its first funding from China, dismissed concerns that Chinese investment is riskier than that of other countries, and said better negotiation can help prevent potential backlash.
The AFC, which funds infrastructure projects across the continent, announced Thursday that it has secured a $300 million loan from the state-owned Export-Import Bank of China (EximBank).
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas