In Depth: China’s New Household-Debt Fears
For decades, the Chinese people have been known for thrift and persistent saving habits, which analysts see as a significant contributor to the country’s prosperity. But now, the situation is changing.
Economists and officials this year have repeatedly warned against a rapid buildup of household debt, fueled partly by a boom of internet financial platforms that provide easy access to credit for people left out of the traditional bank lending system.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas