Chart of the Day: Cases of Party Misconduct Jump 40%
China’s Communist Party has been keeping a closer eye on its members, especially those working at the township or village levels, data from the country’s anti-corruption watchdog shows.
The result has been a marked increase in the number of officials nationwide who have faced disciplinary action this year. The party’s internal corruption police took action against 1.14 million party members in the first nine months of 2018, a 40% surge from the same period last year, according to a report (link in Chinese) published Sunday by the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas