Chart of the Day: Deleveraging Drags on Small-Business Loan Growth
Bank lending to small and micro enterprises last quarter grew at the slowest pace since at least 2012, despite Beijing’s recent push to make more financing available to smaller companies.
Total loans to small and micro enterprises rose 9.83% year-on-year in the third quarter of 2018 to 25.81 trillion yuan ($3.72 trillion), down from 12.24% in the second quarter and marking the fourth straight quarter of slower growth, according to the People’s Bank of China, the central bank.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas