Appliance Giant Midea Breezes Into India
Home appliance giant Midea Group Co. Ltd. has broken ground on a new production base in India, becoming the latest Chinese firm to tap the South Asian nation’s emerging middle class.
With planned investment of 13.5 billion rupees ($185 million), the base in the western Indian state of Maharashtra will focus on building heaters, air conditioner compressors and other home appliances, Midea said on its official WeChat social media account in a post on Sunday. The project is located on a 270,000-square-meter (2,906,000 square feet) parcel, with operations expected to begin in the start of 2020.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas