Solar Firm Hanergy Cutting Thousands of Jobs
Solar energy conglomerate Hanergy Holding Group is moving to cut nearly half its workforce by the end of this year, shortly after it unveiled a $7 billion plan to take its Hong Kong-listed unit private.
The terminations started this week, sources close to the company told Caixin. On its official website, Hanergy reports 15,000 employees. In addition to the job cuts, employees in sales and other departments face salary reductions, the sources said.
- 1Chart of the Day: ‘Made in China 2025’ Dropped From List of Local Government Priorities
- 2‘Aquaman’ Makes Huge Splash in China Box Office
- 3Update: Huawei CFO Faces U.S. Fraud Charges, Canadian Court Told
- 4Update: China Logs Record-High Surplus With U.S. Despite Softening Overall Export Growth
- 5It Has Been a Bad Year for the Yuan. 2019 Could Be Worse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas