National Outbreak of African Swine Fever Hits Shanghai
African swine fever has now spread to Shanghai, infecting 50 of one farm’s 314 pigs and killing 11, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs confirmed Saturday.
Shanghai is the 19th provincial level region to report an outbreak after the first cases in China were reported in August.
Although it does not affect humans, African swine fever is very contagious and frequently fatal for pigs.
Contact reporter Gao Baiyu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas