E-Commerce Sites Drop Dolce & Gabbana Products As Public Outcry Grows
Wrath over a controversial ad campaign from Dolce & Gabbana (D&G) continues to rage on, in another instance that highlights the need for cultural and political sensitivity among those aiming to cash in on the Chinese consumer.
The criticism has snowballed into public relations nightmare — e-commerce platforms have reportedly pulled thousands of D&G products off their shelves, with celebrities vowing to boycott the Italian fashion house and state media warning the brand of “losing China’s market and the benefits arising from it.”
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas