Ex-Central Bank Head Warns About Tech’s Influence on Finance
Editor’s note: The development of financial technologies such as digital currency and electronic payments has been spearheaded mainly by China’s privately owned technology giants. The rapid rise of these companies in the financial industry has posed an unprecedented challenge to the traditional financial industry, as well as to regulators, who have struggled to calibrate their oversight of these new developments. For example, Ant Financial, the online payment affiliate of Jack Ma’s Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd., serves more customers than some of China’s largest banks. It also operates the world’s largest money market fund, which has nearly 2 trillion yuan ($288.5 billion) in total assets under management.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas