China’s Largest Lithium Producer Closes $4 Billion Chile Deal
After clearing several regulatory hurdles, Tianqi Lithium Corp. has finally completed its purchase of a 23.77% share in Chilean miner Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile SA (SQM) in a $4 billion deal that further bolsters China’s presence in the global lithium supply chain.
The deal was announced on Monday and will see China’s largest lithium producer purchase the stake from Canadian fertilizer company Nutrien Ltd., according to a filing (link in Chinese) with the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas