Arrested Huawei Executive Reportedly Linked to Firm That Once Tried to Sell U.S. Goods to Iran
Meng Wanzhou, a top executive of Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., has had a brush with potentially violating U.S. sanctions before — one of the speculated reasons for her arrest Saturday in Canada.
Although it remains unclear whether Meng’s arrest, done at the request of the U.S., is connected with her position as Huawei’s chief financial officer, it bodes poorly for the company as the U.S. has come down hard in the past on Chinese firms that violate its sanctions, particularly against Iran.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas