China to Hand Cash to Companies That Limit Layoffs Amid Trade War
(Beijing) — China has promised to hand cash to employers who lay off few workers, in the government’s latest attempt to calm jittery nerves among the business community.
The rare move, which aims to ease the financial pressure on companies, reflects Beijing’s growing concern over employment amid slowing domestic growth and an ongoing trade war. Widespread unemployment is likely to breed social instability — something Beijing works very hard to avoid.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas