Japan to Ban Huawei, ZTE From Government Networks: Report
Japan is preparing to ban use of telecom equipment from Chinese suppliers Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. and ZTE Corp. in government-backed networks, according to a published report, as the nation joins a growing list of countries and companies that have shunned the pair over security concerns.
Tokyo will make changes next week to its government procurement policy that bring the new policy into effect, local media Yomiuri reported in its online edition (link in Japanese), citing an unnamed source close to the government. The source said the new policy will not explicitly ban equipment from the pair of companies, but will have that effect.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas