Questions Linger Ahead of Huawei CFO’s Bail Hearing Amid Trade Truce
A Canadian courtroom could find itself at the epicenter of tensions between the world’s two biggest economies on Friday, and for months to come, as Washington seeks the extradition of a top executive of China’s Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. — a move Beijing strongly opposes.
Details remain sparse on the alleged offenses of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou as she prepares to attend a bail hearing in the Supreme Court of British Columbia following her Saturday arrest while transiting through Vancouver International Airport. But reports suggest the case relates to alleged violations of previous U.S. sanctions banning the sale of American goods to Iran.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas