Debt-Ridden Gionee Unveils Restructuring Proposal
Pioneering Chinese smartphone maker Gionee Communication Equipment Co. unveiled a bankruptcy reorganization plan after a year-long debt crisis left 648 creditors waiting to recoup some of nearly 20 billion yuan ($2.9 billion) of debts.
As Gionee informed creditors of the plan Monday at its headquarters in Shenzhen, most of them agreed with the bankruptcy reorganization, with restructuring details to be finalized, Caixin learned.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas