Ex-Beijing Vice Mayor Under Investigation for Corruption
A former vice mayor of Beijing with ties to billionaire fugitive property tycoon Guo Wengui is under investigation for corruption, state media announced on Sunday night.
Once a rising star, Chen Gang was named Beijing’s vice mayor at the comparatively young age of 40 in 2006. He had headed the municipal urban planning committee, which approves and supervises construction projects, since 2002. Holding these positions concurrently, he directed and oversaw the giant, citywide construction projects that reshaped Beijing in preparation for the 2008 Summer Olympics. He last served as head of the Chinese Association of Science and Technology secretariat.
- 1U.S. to Formally Request Extradition of Huawei’s Meng: Globe and Mail
- 2Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 3Update: China’s Economic Growth Dips to 28-Year Low
- 4Gallery: Demolishing the ‘Great White House’
- 5In-Depth: A Winter Storm Looms for China’s Tech Sector
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas