Beijing Dubs 10 Top State-Owned Firms as Global Champion Aspirants
Ten of China’s largest state-owned firms have been named to a list of “World Class Enterprises” rolled out by their Beijing overseer, marking its latest step to make the 100-odd giants under its supervision more competitive.
The top 10 include such familiar names as oil giant China National Petroleum Corp. (PetroChina) and State Grid Corp. of China, operator of China’s national electric grid, as well as China Mobile Ltd., the world’s largest mobile carrier with nearly 1 billion subscribers. It also includes less familiar names like train-making giant CRRC Corp. Ltd. and China Three Gorges Corp., operator of the massive Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze River, according to a Friday report on the microblog of the state-owned China National Radio.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas