China Green Bulletin: The Blessing and Curse of Coal
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Coal is both a blessing and curse for Shanxi province. The greatest obstacles to China reaching its carbon neutrality goals lie in this northern province. It is the country’s largest coal producer, a major provider of electricity and the source of half of the nation’s greenhouse gas emissions. Read more here for how China’s top producer of coal and greenhouse gases is trying to balance high carbon neutrality goals with a provincial economy based on thermal energy
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: Cash-Strapped Local Governments Turn to Financing Vehicles to Plug Fiscal Shortfalls
- 2Weaker Demand for Chinese Goods Spells End of Shipping Boom
- 3China Foreign Minister Urges U.S. to Clearly Denounce Taiwan Separatist Activities
- 4Former Head of Exim Bank’s Beijing Branch Kicked Out of Communist Party
- 5E-Commerce Giant Shopee Cuts Jobs in China, Indonesia and Singapore
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas