China Green Bulletin: The Blessing and Curse of Coal
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Coal is both a blessing and curse for Shanxi province. The greatest obstacles to China reaching its carbon neutrality goals lie in this northern province. It is the country’s largest coal producer, a major provider of electricity and the source of half of the nation’s greenhouse gas emissions. Read more here for how China’s top producer of coal and greenhouse gases is trying to balance high carbon neutrality goals with a provincial economy based on thermal energy
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1Local Chinese Governments Paid $148 Billion in Interest in 2022
- 2Update: Seven Things to Know About China’s Latest IPO System Overhaul
- 3In Depth: A Metal Tycoon’s Liquidity Woes Disrupt China’s Copper Trade
- 4Opinion: How China’s Chip Industry Should Respond to the U.S.-Japan-Netherlands Alliance
- 5China Protests U.S. Downing of Chinese Unmanned Airship, Says It’s ‘Clear Overreaction’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas