- Mar 15, 2019 16:53 PM
- Gallery: Consumer Rights Day Celebrated by Smashing Counterfeits
- World Consumer Rights Day, often referred to as “315” in China, was set up in 1983 and is observed on March 15 every year
- Mar 14, 2019 02:40 AM
- Gallery: Victims' Relatives Mourn at Site of Ethiopian Airlines Crash
- Relatives and friends of victims of the recent Ethiopian Airlines crash arrived Wednesday at the crash site in near the Ethiopian town of Bishoftu. Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 was bound for Nairobi when it crashed shortly after takeoff on Sunday, killing all 157 people on board, including eight Chinese passengers. An investigation is ongoing.
- Mar 12, 2019 17:12 PM
- Gallery: Photographers Flock to Get Shots of Birds
- Bird-watchers line the banks of Hangzhou’s West Lake and crowd Beijing’s Summer Palace to snap birds catching fish
- Mar 11, 2019 16:41 PM
- Gallery: Ethiopian Airlines Crash Kills 157
- A Boeing 737 Max 8 bound for Kenya went down shortly after takeoff from Addis Ababa on Sunday, killing all 157 on board, including at least eight Chinese passengers. The cause of the crash has not yet been determined.
- Mar 07, 2019 17:37 PM
- Gallery: Showing Off at the Shehuo Festival
- Shehuo Festival, which has its roots in the worship of gods representing earth and fire, fell on March 3 this year and lasted for three days. Revelers in Huaxian, China’s Henan province, dress up in elaborate costumes at the annual Huaxian Fair for a parade around the town.
- Mar 06, 2019 16:52 PM
- Gallery: Rio Revels at Carnival
- Rio de Janeiro’s Carnival is essentially a grand performance for which many local Samba schools prepare all year. Each school has about 65 minutes to cross the 700 meters of the Sambadrome’s track
- Mar 05, 2019 14:10 PM
- Gallery: Corporate Titans, Ethnic Minorities and Reporters Outside the Great Hall
- The second session of the 13th National People’s Congress opened Tuesday. The meeting of top lawmakers is one of China’s annual ‘Two Sessions’ meetings. It is considered one of the biggest events on the Chinese political calendar
- Mar 04, 2019 16:00 PM
- The Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) Opens in Beijing
- The annual meeting of China’s top lawmakers and political advisers begins on Sunday. Known as the ‘Two Sessions,’ it is considered one of the biggest events on the Chinese political calendar.
- Mar 01, 2019 20:04 PM
- Gallery: Workers Start Demolishing Hundreds of Illegally Built Villas
- Workers have begun knocking down hundreds of villas built without permission in Shijiazhuang, capital of North China’s Hebei province, weeks after a similar undertaking started in neighboring Shandong
- Feb 28, 2019 15:24 PM
- Gallery: Trump and Kim Meet in Hanoi
- Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un were all smiles when they met in Vietnam on Wednesday, at a summit the U.S. leader would later call ‘productive,’ despite the two sides’ failure to reach a deal and the unexpected cancellation of a planned lunch and signing ceremony
- Feb 27, 2019 13:20 PM
- Gallery: Hanoi Gears Up for Trump-Kim Summit With Haircuts, Hamburgers
- The Vietnamese capital has seen a variety of novelty products pop up related to the meeting between the two leaders, which it will host. One hair salon announced it would give out free haircuts in the style of U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un before the summit.
- Feb 26, 2019 18:37 PM
- Gallery: Kim Arrives in Hanoi for Summit With Trump
- North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un arrived in Vietnam’s capital on Tuesday morning for his second summit with U.S. President Donald Trump. Police officers and armored cars escorted him to his hotel
- Feb 25, 2019 17:17 PM
- Gallery: Crown Prince at the Great Wall
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman visited the iconic landmark during his two-day visit to China
- Feb 22, 2019 19:20 PM
- Gallery: Celebrating the God of the Mountain in Guangxi
- In the culture of the Miao people of South China, Manggao is the legendary god of the mountain, who drives away evil spirits and brings good fortune. At Spring Festival, Miao villages hold festivals to honor Manggao, where performers don spectacular masks to pose as the god.
- Feb 21, 2019 17:30 PM
- Gallery: South China’s Wet Start to the Year
- South China has been assailed with drizzle since the end of last year. According to the China's weather bureau, over the last two and a half months there have been at least 50 days in which the sun was visible for less than three hours in six southern provinces. In the six provinces and Guizhou, the recent number of rainy days equals a record set in 1961, the report said.
- Feb 20, 2019 12:20 PM
- Gallery: Lantern Festival’s Lunar Spectacle
- This week’s full moon is the second of three supermoons this year. A supermoon is a full moon that coincides with the satellite’s closest approach to Earth in its orbit, resulting in a slightly larger, brighter appearance.
- Feb 19, 2019 13:23 PM
- Gallery: Forbidden City’s First Night of Lights
- The Palace Museum will be open to the public at night for the first time in 94 years to celebrate the Lantern Festival on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Monday, staff tested the lights for the upcoming event, attracting visitors and photographers
- Feb 18, 2019 16:37 PM
- Gallery: Sparks Fly for China’s Lantern Festival
- The annual festival falls on the 15th day of the first lunar month, which marks the end of the Lunar New Year holiday. People around China celebrate with dragon dances, fire breathing and molten metal shows
- Feb 15, 2019 15:14 PM
- Gallery: NASA Ends Mars Opportunity Rover Mission
- The U.S. national space agency has said goodbye to “Oppy,” its longest-running Mars rover, which wandered the surface of the Red Planet for 14 years until it was incapacitated by an immense dust storm eight months ago
- Feb 14, 2019 13:47 PM
- Gallery: Celebrating Valentine’s Day in China
- It may be a Western festival, but Valentine’s Day has become a big deal for China’s lovers. And for its flower sellers, who make a bucket of money when Feb. 14 rolls around. Despite the nation’s marked decline in marriage rates, the day also proves a popular time for Chinese couples to tie the knot
Aug 19 19:23
Aug 19 17:59
Aug 19 16:18
Aug 19 16:20
Aug 19 13:02
Aug 19 10:27
Aug 19 09:53
- 1Praise for JD and Huya, Less Excitement for Tencent Music and DouYu as ‘Team Tencent’ Reports
- 2Casino Giant Galaxy Entertainment’s H1 Profit Drops 7% as High-Rollers Stay Away
- 3TCL to Unveil Own Smart Screen This Week, Sources Say
- 4CX Daily: Hong Kong Cuts GDP Growth Forecast, Announces Stimulus Amid Unrest
- 5Does China Care About Climate Change?