Banking Regulator Takes Aim at Risks
China’s banking regulator has a long to-do list for 2018: clean up financial holding groups, reduce excessive leverage and contain “shadow banking,” or potentially risky lending outside the formal banking system.
“The banking sector and regulatory departments must keep a clear mind and should not be blindly optimistic… and realize that the risks and challenges facing the banking sector are still severe and complicated,” the China Banking Regulatory Commission said in a statement Friday after a two-day meeting to set policy goals for the year.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas