Trust Firms Search for New Business Out of Shadows
China’s 24 trillion yuan ($3.8 trillion) trust industry is feeling the chill as regulators clamp down on risks stemming from off-balance-sheet lending facilitated by collaborations between banks and trust firms.
Tighter regulatory controls are expected to slam the brakes on the trust industry after years of rapid growth, and the size of trust assets are expected to decline by at least 2 trillion yuan this year, an industry source told Caixin. Another source close to the regulators said authorities are hoping the industry can reduce its assets by half.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Smartphone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas