Update: Kim Jong Un Meets With Xi Jinping in Third Trip to China
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un paid another visit to Beijing and met with Chinese President Xi Jinping, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.
Kim arrived at Beijing Tuesday for a two-day visit, his third to China in three months, one week after his historic summit with U.S. President Donald Trump in Singapore.
Kim’s meeting with Xi had been highly expected as many believed that he would come to Beijing to brief Xi on the June 12 meeting with Trump. In fact, speculation had swirled that Kim would head straight to China after concluding the summit with Trump.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas