Update: Beijing Blasts Didi After Another Passenger Killed by Driver
The central government has ordered ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing to make “passenger safety its bottom line” after a woman was allegedly raped and killed by her driver over the weekend while using its carpooling service.
On Sunday morning, public security and transportation officials in both Beijing and Tianjin summoned Didi executives to a meeting and demanded a “thorough reform” of its Hitch carpooling service, the Ministry of Transport said in a statement (link in Chinese). The authorities said that Didi had “unshirkable responsibility” for the passenger’s death.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas