China Buyer Serves Up $5.5 Billion Shot for Wilson Tennis-Racket Maker
Sporting-apparel maker Anta Sports Products Ltd. is exploring a $5.5 billion bid for the European-based manufacturer of Wilson tennis rackets and Precor weight-lifting equipment in what could become the biggest overseas purchase of all time by a Chinese consumer-goods maker.
Anta and private equity firm FountainVest Partners have submitted a nonbinding preliminary indication of interest to Finland-based Amer Sports Corp., according to a stock exchange filing by Anta on Tuesday. The pair would offer 40 euros ($46.38) per share, which would value the deal at about 4.7 billion euros.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas