How Will Brazil’s New Far-Right President Deal With China?
* The president-elect has long been an advocate of a strong state presence in strategic industries, which could spell trouble for Chinese investment
* Bolsonaro’s campaign rhetoric indicates that he might not uphold an agreement to support the multilateral global trade system, such as the one signed by the leaders of the five BRICS countries last year
(Beijing) — Jair Bolsonaro’s victory in Brazil’s presidential elections on Sunday sent political tremors across the world as the climate-change doubting, authoritarianism-admiring, self-professed “homophobe” moved from the fringe to center-stage of the world’s fourth-biggest democracy.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas